“Like all traditional folk music, this repertoire stems from deeply felt emotion, which in this case Tania has translated it into a musical surface that evokes the ancient world of Persian and the modern concert world of artists such as Javad Maroufi, Rohani, Googoosh, & Yanni” Dr. E. Smaldone, Director Copland School of Music.
“Tania’s unique gift is to bridge the separate musical landscape of traditional Iran and the modern world. Her right hand sings as she plays this music,” Anthony DeRitis, Chairman of Music, NorthEastern University.
– May 5th Columbia University hosted by the Iranian studies of Columbia University
– May 19th Concert at Great Neck North 8pm. Concert Sponsored by Great Neck Park District, Persian Cultural Committee and SHAI
– Tania Eshaghoff, Persian Class Music June 17-22 2006 Kosciuzko Foundation 15 East 65th Street NY, NY 10021
– Interview with Tania Eshaghoff on Radio Show WNYC 92.3FM 8pm Saturday July 22, 2006
– Concert Saturday, Oct 7, 2006 8pm LIMITED SEATS columbia University’s Miller Theater in New York City. Miller Theatre Box Office, 2960 Broadway, Columbia University, New York, NY 10027 (TEL: 212-854-7799)
RECENT PERFORMANCES: 2002-present
March 17, 2005. An Evening of Original & Classic Compositions, Dowling College.
Musical Tribute for Her Majesty Farah Pahlavi of Iran, LeFrak Concert Hall, Queens College, New York.
– Persian Rhapsody, April 4, 2004 – MAKOR at the 92 St Y
Performances at the Center for Jewish History, Mar 3rd and Apr 3rd, Persian Rhapsodies review by Robert Abrams, March 3, 2004
Tania performed at Symphony Space, NYC on October 11, 2003. Work commissioned and sponsored by the Iranian American Society.
– Persian Rhapsody, October 11, 2003 – Symphony Space, NYC
May 2003 Tania was featured as a guest of George Preston’s edition of Overnight music from WNYC on May 23rd
– March 3, 2003 The Jew’s of Iran – Center for Jewish history
April 2002 Recital at the Museum of the American Piano.
November 2002 Intimate concert for the Ambassador of Syria, United Nations League at the residence of Former United Nations Journalist, Marilyn Widney.
October 2002 Weil Recital Hall, Carnegie Hall, NYC,
October 12, 2002 8:30pm.
May 2002 The Ambassadors of the Middle East, United Nations League at residence of Former United Nations Journalist, Marilyn Widney.
May 2000 Weil Recital Hall, Carnegie Hall, NYC
QUEEN OF IRAN – FARAH PAHLAVI